- Counsel to a publicly traded textile manufacturer in its chapter 11 bankruptcy case that resulted in a confirmed plan of reorganization
- Counsel to a publicly traded medical staffing company in its chapter 11 bankruptcy case that resulted in a successful 363 sale
- Represented a publicly traded snack manufacturer in its acquisition of Archway Cookies as part of Archway's chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Personal Injury Results
If you were injured or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident, call us now at 704-375-8488 for a free consultation. At Hull & Chandler, P.A., We look forward to hearing from you and discussing your options.
The following is a partial list of results we have achieved for our clients.* Unless otherwise specified, each of the following matters was contested on liability and/or damages, the opposing parties were represented, the matters involved complex legal and/or factual issues, and our firm was successful in collecting the amounts stated. The matters cover a timeframe from 2004 to the present.
- $1.1 million – Car Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained an arbitration award for a husband and wife who were involved in a violent, head-on collision. The wife’s primary injury from the car accident was bilateral femur fractures which required multiple surgeries. The husband was not seriously injured but made a claim for loss of consortium. After rejecting the insurance company’s offer to settle for $477,000, Attorney Michael Chandler took the case to arbitration and received an award of $1 million for the wife and $100,000 for the husband. (Anderson v. Evans, Mecklenburg County, 2009).
- $950,000- Wrongful Death Trucking Accident- Attorney Michael Chandler obtained a wrongful death settlement against a trucking company for a grieving spouse who lost his wife to a tragic hit and run accident involving a tractor trailer. The case was complicated because the tractor trailer ran the decedent off the road and kept going. Initially the case was reported as a single vehicle accident; however, with the help of a witness, Hull & Chandler was able to hold the trucking company and their negligent driver accountable for the accident. The case was also complicated because the decedent was unemployed and the economic damages were difficult to define. (Confidential- 2015).
- $400,000 – Trucking Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for a high school student who suffered multiple injuries including a closed head injury after a truck accident. The client was a passenger in a car being driven by a fellow student who ran a stop sign and was struck by a speeding tractor trailer. The insurance company for the student driver admitted fault but had limited insurance coverage. Attorney Michael Chandler and an associate filed two separate lawsuits in the pursuit of additional sources of recovery. The case eventually settled with the insurance company for the tractor trailer on the eve of trial. The case was denied until that time. (Confidential, Union County, 2010)
- $360,000 – Trucking Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler in association with another law firm obtained a combined workers’ compensation settlement and third-party liability settlement for a man who was struck broadside by a loaded dump truck. The third-party insurance company denied liability on the grounds that the truck driver had the right-of-way and that client was contributory negligent. Hull & Chandler filed a lawsuit, achieving a favorable settlement after contentious discovery and mediation. (Mecklenburg County, 2010).
- $280,000 – Trucking Accident / Workers’ Compensation – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a combined workers’ compensation and third-party liability for a client who was in the back of a sleeper cab when the truck was struck by another vehicle, resulting in a knee injury to the client. Attorney Michael Chandler handled the third-party recovery and associated out-of-state counsel to assist in the workers’ compensation claim. (Mecklenburg County, 2007).
- $275,000 – Nursing Home Neglect / Burn Injury – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a wrongful death settlement for the estate of a resident of a hospice care facility. The resident suffered burns on over 70 percent of his body after being left unattended and unsupervised on an outdoor porch while smoking. His clothing ignited, resulting in burns that caused his passing within hours of the incident. The case was disputed on liability. The representatives of the facility argued the claim was barred under the theory of contributory negligence. The case resolved the matter at mediation after a lawsuit was filed (Confidential, Rockingham County, 2010).
- $270,000 – Work Place / Industrial Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a combined workers’ compensation settlement ($170,000) and third-party liability settlement ($100,000) for a woman who was struck by a large piece of industrial equipment in the course of her job at a Fortune 500 company’s manufacturing plant. Attorney Michael Chandler worked in association with another law firm on the workers’ compensation case and handled the third-party liability claim in its entirety. The third-party liability claim was vigorously defended by one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the country. Among other factors, they disputed causation and claimed contributory negligence. (Confidential – Cleveland County 2011).
- $250,000 – Premises Liability / Gunshot Wound – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler in association with another firm obtained a combined workers’ compensation settlement and third-party liability settlement for widow of a man who was shot and killed in the course of a robbery at a local hotel. Attorney Michael Chandler was lead counsel for Hull & Chandler. The workers’ compensation case was complicated because the employee was not officially listed as an employee and was paid under the table by the hotel. He did not file a 1099 and was never issued a W-2. The third-party settlement was defended on several grounds and settled during litigation. The widow almost gave up on her claim after several attorneys advised her she did not have a case; that was until she was referred to Attorney Michael Chandler. (Confidential – Mecklenburg County 2010).
- $210,000 – Car Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for a passenger of a vehicle who was driven by an alleged drunk driver. After three other law firms declined to accept the case based on contributory negligence concerns, Attorney Michael Chandler vigorously pursued the case and reached a combined settlement with the driver and the restaurant where the driver was allegedly over-served alcohol. (Confidential, Mecklenburg County, 2004).
- $180,000 – Motorcycle Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for the driver of a motorcycle who was struck from behind on interstate I-85 after suffering mechanical problems. He suffered a torn meniscus and had to have surgery. The case settled prior to filing a lawsuit. (Mecklenburg County, 2005).
- $175,000 – Car Accident / Head Injury – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement with two insurance companies for a teenager who was a passenger in family member’s vehicle and incurred medical bills of approximately $35,000. He also suffered a scar to his forehead which was a great concern to the teenage client. The case was disputed on liability and had several other injured claimants seeking compensation, however, Attorney Michael Chandler was able broker an agreement with both insurance companies and the other victims, which allowed the client to make a full recovery. (Mecklenburg County, 2008).
- $150,000 – Car Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for a client who was about to settle for a substantially smaller amount. The client approached our firm weeks before the statute of limitations expired and reported the insurance company told him $50,000 was the most he could recover. Michael Chandler aand an associate immediately filed a lawsuit and were ultimately able to identify additional insurance coverage which tripled his recovery. (Everette v. Yost, Pitt County 2012).
- $105,000 – Car Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for a client who injured his back in a car accident. The client underwent physical therapy and injections before being released with a 10 percent permanent impairment rating to his lower back. Attorney Michael Chandler obtained the settlement in this case. (Mecklenburg County, 2007).
- $100,000 – Car Accident / Pedestrian – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for client who was run down by a group of teenagers. The client was concerned when he saw a group of teenagers engaged in suspicious activities in his neighborhood. When they saw him approach, they got into a vehicle and chased him before striking him, causing him to suffer a broken leg in the pedestrian accident. Attorney Michael Chandler obtained a settlement for the full extent of the liability insurance. (Mecklenburg County, 2005).
- $100,000 – Car Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for the full amount of insurance coverage available for a child who suffered an injury to her eye when she was struck by an airbag. Attorney Michael Chandler handled the case. (Mecklenburg County, 2008).
- $100,000 – Workers’ Compensation – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a wrongful death settlement for the family of a truck driver who died in a car accident. The family contact Attorney Michael Chandler after the decedent’s live-in girlfriend attempted to claim the death benefits as a partial dependent due to the fact she and her son lived with the decedent for five years preceding the accident. The case resolved in a settlement between all parties. (Mecklenburg County, 2010).
- $96,000 – Car Accident – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained an arbitration award for a client who suffered chronic neck pain after being rear ended at a high rate of speed. Attorney Michael Chandler obtained the award through binding arbitration after the insurance company failed to accept the car accident caused her chronic neck pain. (Jenkins v. USAA Insurance Company, Mecklenburg County 2007).
- $80,000 – Trucking Accident / Post Traumatic Anxiety Disorder – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for a client involved in an accident with a tractor trailer on I-85 when the truck changed lanes and trapped the car under the trailer. The physical injuries were relatively minor; however, the client suffered post traumatic anxiety disorder and fearful of operating a motor vehicle following the accident. The case was defended on the grounds the accident was not the cause of the anxiety disorder and it was implied the client was exaggerating the effects of the accident. Attorney Michael Chandler was able to obtain multiple expert evaluations and persuade the insurance company to settle before trial (Mecklenburg County, 2005).
- $47,000 – Slip & Fall / Premises Liability – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for a client who slipped on water and fell in a local grocery store. Attorney Michael Chandler was able to overcome the common defenses of contributory negligence and lack of notice because he was retained immediately following the fall and was able to preserve key evidence in the early stages of the case. The client suffered a non-surgical broken arm. (Mecklenburg County, 2012).
- $44,100 – Dog Attack – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a verdict in a civil lawsuit for a client who was attached by a dog. The client suffered a broken ankle and other minor cuts and abrasions when he was attacked in his front yard by two pit bulls. Attorney Michael Chandler filed the lawsuit after the defendants failed to accept responsibility. The jury returned the verdict against one of three defendants. (Howard v. Graham et. al., Mecklenburg County 2009).
- $40,000 – Dog Bite – The attorneys at Hull & Chandler obtained a settlement for the victim of a dog bite. After the insurance company told the client they were going to deny the case, Attorney Michael Chandler filed a lawsuit and through his efforts the case ultimately settled prior to trial. (Confidential – Mecklenburg County, 2010).